Whether you’re craving relaxing time away, wanting to spend time in nature or feel that you need to explore who you are on a deeper level, these are the best yoga retreats in the USA for all levels of yoga.
From the coast in California to the beaches in Florida, the healing vortex of Sedona to the rolling hills of Maine, national parks in Utah to snow-capped mountains in Alaska, the USA is an incredible destination for yoga and adventure.
These retreats are a treat for anyone who wants to flow, let go and be one with nature.
Best Places for a Yoga Retreat in the United States
- California: Great for the number of retreat options, beach retreats, nature retreats in Yosemite & Joshua Tree National Parks
- Arizona: Great for spiritual retreats, nature-focus, healing
- Florida: Great for fun, easy-going beach-side holidays, water activities
- Hawaii: Great for a mix of beach vacations and deep personal healing
- New York: Great for weekend retreats
Top Yoga Retreats in the US
Editor’s Promise: All retreats are hand-picked by a writer who practices yoga. Choices are made based on a mix of styles offered, reviews, and availability from my trusted partners BookYogaRetreats and BookRetreats.
This round-up of the best retreats in the United States covers yoga vacations from coast to coast, north to south, spanning all terrains and styles of yoga.
Whether you want to relax, be active in nature, or explore more about yourself or your spirituality, you’ll find the perfect retreat for you below!
3 Day Luxury Women’s Sound Healing and Yoga Retreat in Topanga Canyon, California – Sunshine Paradise Retreat
- Sound healing experience
- Hiking in Topanga Canyon
- Detox foot bath
- Clay, essential oil, or sea salt bath
- Daily Vinyasa & Restorative yoga
- All meals (vegetarian and plant-based)
- All highlights & more!
Get in touch with nature at one of California’s natural gems, Topanga Canyon State Park. For a long weekend explore nature across the hiking trails on guided walks.
Daily yoga classes are offered, along with sound healing through the use of Tibetan singing bowls, plus other hand-picked extras for a soul-fulfilling weekend.
3-Day Catskills Relax & Refresh Retreat – EarthMind Wellness
- Unique yoga-style classes with Tai Chi & Qigong added
- Ki-energy relaxation classes
- Personal guidance from professionals on holistic healing for wellness
- Visit Stairway to Heaven waterfall (seasonal)
- Workshops for wellness and stress
- Access to spa facilities
- All meals
- All highlights
This is the ultimate long yoga weekend retreat in beautiful upstate New York. This R&R retreat embraces being out in nature with many of the classes held outside during the warmer months. Plus hikes to waterfalls are built into the schedule.
In 3-days you’ll practice multiple kinds of yoga including Restorative, Transformational, and focus on your alignment. The yoga classes also have elements of Qigong or Tai Chi that are weaved in to help you relax even further.
Nature meditations, access to the spa, and professtional workshops are also included. Guidance from holistic wellness professionals are an added perk for a dreamy weekend that will leave you ready to tackle life outside of the retreat with ease.
How does an extended holiday sound? Volunteer at a yoga retreat or school to make it happen!
4 Day Digital Detox Yoga Retreat: Move, Breathe, Laugh, Play and Learn to be Well in California – SoCal Wellness Retreats
- Technology & distraction-free weekend
- Cold exposure therapy practices
- Mindset shift workshops
- Fitness & yoga (Nidra) classes
- All meals
- All workshops & classes
Participate in a yoga retreat in beautiful Southern California! This yoga retreat will have you connecting with yourself in new ways while you practice yoga in an open air space daily. Enjoy two hikes, and learn tools and techniques to help you live in the present moment during the retreat and afterward too.
Far from just yoga, in 4 days you’ll also enjoy workshops on mediation, plant-based eating, and breathing technique. Plus, you’ll get to try cold therapy and hypnotherapy. It’s a lot in one weekend but it’s bound to be transformative.
5 Day Women’s Mountaintop Yoga & Hiking Retreat w/ Meditation & Mindset in Great Smoky Mountains – Thor
- Daily yoga (Vinyasa, Yin, Nirda)
- Guided meditation & walks
- Workshops for mindset
- Time for forest bathing
- All meals
- All classes (including physical training)
- Guided excursions & classes
Yoga and hiking retreats are growing rapidly in popularity so why not try one for yourself? For a long weekend of connection with yourself and nature, and for some time to just let go and de-stress, this top luxury yoga retreat in Tennessee is a great option.
In 5 days you’ll have time to yourself to be amongst nature. A variety of guided classes are offered, and time to socialize and reflect with new friends.
6 Day Sound Healing and Yoga Retreat – Maui Mystical Alchemy Retreats
- Energy healing and life-coaching personal session
- Participate in and learn how to create Earth Altar Rituals
- Yoga hammock (aerial) classes
- Variety of workshops (aerial yoga, breathwork, and sound healing)
- 3 different evening rituals for healing
- Spa-like features (sauna, hot tub, etc)
- Fire circles
- Access to gym
- All meals
Take a break for a bit and dedicate some time to your healing at this deeply transformational retreat in Maui. Designed by two award-winning multimedia visionary sound healers, you’re in for a real treat.
Your retreat leaders’ skill and dedication to their practices are a highlight. And the lush, tropical location is an instant place to feel calmer and more relaxed.
Daily yoga and sound healing are on the agenda, as well as time to enjoy the spa facilities, delicious meals, and new and full moon ceremonies if your retreat dates fall on corresponding dates.
5 Day Wellness, Yoga, and Hiking Retreat to Zion National Park and Bryce Canyon National Park
- Scenic hiking in Zion and Bryce Canyon National Parks
- Nature-focused accommodation
- Entrance to parks
- All meals
- Daily yoga (Vinyasa & Restorative)
- Transport from Salt Lake City
If you love nature and being active then this is the ultimate yoga trip for you! Spend 4 nights in a stunning luxury cabin just outside of Zion National Park and your days exploring the park.
You’ll begin and end your active days with Vinyasa and Restorative classes to get your energy flowing and feeling energized. Finish your scenic day with deep stretches to cool down and ease tired muscles.
This yoga retreat includes all meals, a welcome gift, transport to hikes, and a full-day hike to the incredible Bryce Canyon National Park.
7 Day Healing Retreat through Yoga, Stress-Management, and More in Industry, Maine – Sat Manav Yoga Ashram
- Off-grid, complete digital detox
- Personalized health & healing session
- 12 hours of yoga, breath and movement instruction
- Yoga massage therapy session
- All meals
- All classes and exercises (Hatha)
- Guided walking and meditation daily
- Q&A sessions for personal development
- Much more!
Dive into yoga with a group of dedicated practitioners on this week-long retreat in Maine. With daily yoga (Hatha) morning and evening, meditation classes, and plenty of free time, this retreat will give you the space to explore yourself and deepen your practice.
Delicious, whole-food vegan meals are provided, as well as tools and whatever else you may need for reflection, release, and rejuvenation.
READ MORE: Top Meditation Retreats in the USA
3 Day Weekend Sacred Medicine and Yoga Wellness Retreat in Fort Myers, Florida – Truly Helpful
- Personalized, small group retreat
- Explore holotropic-style breathwork
- Plant medicine sessions for healing
- All classes (including Hatha yoga)
- Bodywork sessions (healing through sound, music, and Thai yoga)
- All meals
Immerse yourself in a new or familiar class on this Florida retreat to explore your inner self. Be guided through a variety of classes and therapies to help you expand past your current beliefs so you can continue to grow.
This retreat is all about personal transformation through more than just yoga.
4 Day Unwind and Rewild Women’s Wellness Retreat in Sedona, Arizona – Retreats and More
- Visit vortexes
- Chakra & medicinal herb workshops
- Sound bath
- Daily yoga (Hatha, Vinyasa, Yin, Acro, Chakra)
- All workshops & activities
- All meals
Talk about a way to spend a weekend, this hiking yoga retreat is perfect for outdoor lovers or those who wish to be active. The retreat accommodation is the Grand Canyon glamping retreat centre where you can sleep peacefully while listening to the sounds outdoors.
As one of the most popular destinations for yoga and retreats in the USA, Sedona is a top spot that’s worthy of your consideration for your yoga vacation because of the energy healing vortex that is located here.
During the day you’ll spend your time doing yoga daily with meditation too and go off on hiking adventures in the Grand Canyon, Sedona or elsewhere, as it’s totally customizable to your needs!
Reiki healing and breathwork are also apart of the retreat with vegan, Ayurvedic food served for all meals.
How long are yoga retreats in the USA?
Yoga retreats vary in length depending on the activities offered, location, and depth of the experience. In the US, the average retreat is between 3-7 days. Longer yoga retreats between 1-2 weeks are possible but choices are limited compared to shorter retreats.
Anything longer than 2 weeks is typically yoga teacher training in the US.
How much do yoga retreats cost?
In the US prices vary significantly due to location, length, amount of 1-on-1 time, and activities offered. To help you budget, you can expect retreats as low as $200 for a 2-day weekend retreat. But prices can cost up to $10,000 for completely personalized retreats for a week. The average retreat will cost over $1000.