Next up in this series of chakra affirmations is the solar plexus chakra, the chakra right at our core that is for our energy in regards to our confidence, self-worth, and more. If you’re lacking in the empowerment area of your life, take a peek at these solar plexus chakra affirmations and try them out to see if they help you feel more confident. My best advice is to try them while standing in the superman (or superwoman) position, feet in a wide stance, hands on hips. This simple pose is a total game changer!
What is the Solar Plexus Chakra?
The solar plexus chakra is a favourite of many and is worked on quite a bit because of its connection to confidence, self-acceptance, courage, personal power, and self-worth. The emotion most related to this chakra are anger, greed, and envy. This chakra is perhaps one of the most obvious when it is unbalanced. Chakras can show an imbalance by over or underuse or connection to a chakra. The solar plexus charka is relatively easy to spot when it’s unbalanced from an outside perspective, and even more so for ourselves to see. Overconfidence, cockiness, is an obvious sign of imbalance, and lack of self-worth or confidence is a sure sign too. Regardless of where your chakra balance is at, deciding to focus on your solar plexus chakra is a great choice as becoming confident and feeling more worthy is truly magnetic for others too.
The location of the solar plexus chakra is at your centre, about a few fingers down from your breast bone. The colour associated with this chakra is yellow and the element is easy to remember, fire. You may also hear this chakra referred to as the navel chakra, Manipura chakra, and third charka.
Symptoms Associated with the Solar Plexus Chakra
Chakras are energy centres that run up the length of your spine that are said to cause symptoms mentally, emotionally, physically, and spiritually when one or more is unbalanced or blocked. These energy centres are believed in religions such as Hinduism and Buddhism, but they also are practiced in yogic philosophy.
Some of the symptoms you may find when the Manipura chakra is blocked or unbalanced can include:
- misuse of your personal power
- wanting to control over yourself, others, and your surroundings
- obsessive behaviour
- feeling out of control
- low self-esteem and/or self-worth
- difficulties with decision making
- difficulties taking action
How to Use Affirmations for the Solar Plexus Chakra
I will never make any claims that affirmations will work for everyone. It is very much trial and error, you’ve just got to try affirmations out for yourself as there have been studies that say they work, and others that say they don’t. There’s no harm in trying affirmations for yourself, but I do believe there is in saying solar plexus chakra healing affirmations actually heal. Affirmations can be a part of the healing process but words will not fully heal.
Some ways you can use affirmations in your life can include:
- Focusing on an affirmation during mediation (think inhaling while saying the first part of the affirmation, and exhaling thinking the second part)
- Look in the mirror and say them every morning, every time you go to the bathroom, etc.
- Leaving sticky notes or alarms on your phone to remind yourself to repeat them
- Writing them out in a journal
Solar Plexus Chakra Affirmations
Give some of the Manipura chakra affirmations a try for at least a week and see how they feel as a part of your routine!
- I am perfect just as I am.
- I am confident being my true self.
- My confidence radiates.
- My confidence is magnetic.
- I release the need to control.
- I can only control my actions and that is enough.
- I am worthy of my dreams.
- Every action is a step in the right direction.
- I have faith that I will always figure out what action needs to be done next.
- I am guided by my life’s purpose.
- My power is a guide.
- I use my power for good.
- I can make decisions that are aligned with my purpose.
- My purpose becomes clear with action.
- I am open to possibilities.
- I am committed to finding my true direction.
- It’s okay if my direction changes.
- I am powerful.
- I am strong and can carry myself through anything.
- My life is full of ease and flow.
Solar Plexus Chakra Yoga
Pick an affirmation you like and add it as your intention for a yoga practice that was created to support your solar plexus chakra work. Join me for a flow below!