Connecting to your third eye is a powerful way to connect more to the divine, your inner wisdom, and spirituality. While this chakra can seem a little (or a lot) “woo” for many, the sense of connecting to one’s wisdom is a great chance to feel more at home with your thoughts, purpose, and vision. Regardless of how spiritual you are, there are some third eye chakra affirmations for you to choose from in this breakdown of what you can expect to feel from your third eye chakra when you’re off balance and balanced or unblocked.
What is the Third Eye Chakra?
The third eye chakra is where the chakras begin to focus on your connection to the spiritual world. Most often associated with our intuition, this chakra is also connected to clarity, and a deep inner knowing (that kind of feeling you get in your get when you know something is off). But when out of balance, this chakra can lead to confusion, depression, and more.
You may also see this chakra referred to as the sixth chakra, Ajna chakra, or brow chakra. It’s located in the centre of your forehead, between your eyebrows and the colour associated with it in indigo. this chakra doesn’t have one specific element, but is connected to all elements. The name of this chakra actually translates to beyond wisdom, referring to that inner knowing that only you can know about yourself.
Symptoms Associated with the Third Eye Chakra
Before we dive into symptoms that may arise from your third eye chakra not being balanced, let’s explore what a chakra actually is. It’s believed that we each have 7 chakras that run up the length of our spines, from the base to the tops of our heads. These chakras are said to be energy centres, or energy wheels, as believed by Hindus, Buddhists, and in yogic philosophy. When one of these wheels is off balance or blocked, it’s said to cause symptoms that can manifest spiritually, physically, mentally, and emotionally.
Some of the symptoms that are believed to be caused by the third eye chakra can include:
- Lack of clarity and/or imagination
- Skewed perspective
- Difficulty concentrating
- Difficulty taking in and/or remembering information
- Feeling stuck
- Disconnected from spiritual beliefs
How to Use Affirmations for the Third Eye Chakra
As I’ve mentioned countless times in the other articles in this chakra series, I will never claim that third eye chakra healing affirmations will actually heal. I believe that affirmations are one tool that can help heal, but they are never the sole reason! Affirmations work for some, but not for others (according to studies). So it’s best to give them a try and see how they work for you. There’s so harm in doing so!
A few of my favourite ways to use third eye affirmations are:
- Standing in front of the mirror, looking yourself in the eye and repeating affirmations out loud (giving yourself a pep talk, basically)
- Use an affirmation as an intention for a yoga class or meditation
- For meditation, breathe in saying the first half of the affirmation in your head, and breath out saying the second half
- Keep sticky notes around your house with your favourite affirmations written on them as reminders
- Journal the affirmations of your choice every day until they feel true or you believe them
Third Eye Chakra Affirmations
Instead of focusing on all of these affirmations for the third eye chakra, pick 1-3 to focus on first then move on to other trickier ones that you feel more disconnected from.
- I am connected to my mind, body, and soul.
- I am connected to my divine purpose.
- I am connected to my beliefs.
- I trust my intuition.
- My intuition is always available to guide me.
- Things become clearer every day.
- It is safe for me to listen to my inner knowing.
- With clarity comes peace.
- I am at peace with my thoughts.
- My mind is calm.
- Action creates clarity.
- Chaos before the calm is normal.
- I am creative.
- I am wise.
- My inner wisdom is clear when I am still.
- My inner wisdom is always available to me.
- I trust that I am connected to the Universe.
- I am open to new perspectives.
- I am in tune with my inner knowing, the Universe, and my connection to the spirit world.
- I can choose to use my inner wisdom.
- My imagination is limitless.
- I believe that I am connected to a greater power.
- All that I need to help me is within me.
- I am free to move in whichever direction I choose.
- My thoughts are not limiting, they are free.
Third Eye Chakra Yoga
Join me in a chakra yoga class that was created to tap into your intuition. Pick one of your favourite Anja chakra affirmations and use it as your intention for the class!
READ MORE: 5 Best Third Eye Chakra Yoga Poses & Third Eye Chakra Yin Sequence