While this chakra may be the first chakra you wish to work on when you discover chakras, be wary of diving headfirst into focusing on your connection to spirituality and consciousness. While the crown chakra is certainly exciting, there is a reason why it is the seventh chakra and not the first. Building on the energy levels of each chakra gives you the opportunity to expand into consciousness and beyond once you reach this chakra. If you believe your lower chakras are pretty well balanced, try some of these crown chakra affirmations to feel more connected and perhaps even enlightened.
What is the Crown Chakra?
The crown chakra sits at the top of your head, though some would argue and say it sits just above your head, outside of your body. It’s the chakra that governs your connection to spirit and your consciousness, and it’s associated with spiritual awakening and enlightenment. An emotion that may be felt when this chakra is said to be out of balance is grief. But when this chakra is balanced it’s believed to bring about a greater understanding of ourselves, the world, and higher realms.
Most often referred to as the crown chakra, you may also hear of this chakra by its Sanskrit name, Sahasrara chakra, which translates to thousand-petalled, or as the 7th charka. There is no element associated with this higher chakra, and the colour is violet (white).
Symptoms Associated with the Crown Chakra
Chakras are believed by yogic philosophy, Hindus, and Buddhists to be energy centres that run up the length of one’s spine. Spanning from the base of the spine to the top of the head, these spinning wheels of energy are said to cause symptoms that can manifest physically, spiritually, mentally, or emotionally when one or more are unbalanced or blocked.
Some of the symptoms believed to be associated with the crown chakra include, but are not limited to:
- Detached from reality
- Being focused on materialism
- Being closed-minded
- Lack of connection to spirit
- Feelings of grief
How to Use Affirmations for the Crown Chakra
In order for affirmations to work I believe it’s best to choose affirmations that feel the truest for you or close to the truth. It just makes them more believable this way. While some say affirmations do wonders for them, others don’t feel the benefits, and studies prove this. Either way, give some affirmations a go and see how it feels for you as there’s no harm in giving it a go!
As always, I don’t believe that crown chakra affirmations for healing do actually heal. They can most certainly be a part of the healing process but I think saying that they do heal is unfair to those who need deep healing and are hoping that affirmations are a simple answer. Though they can most certainly boost your mood!
A few of my favourite way to use crown affirmations include:
- Writing affirmations down in a journal daily until they feel true
- Using an affirmation as an intention for a meditation or yoga practice
- Repeating affirmations to yourself in front of a mirror
- Setting reminders on your phone to repeat affirmations or on sticky notes around your home
Crown Chakra Affirmations
If none of these feel good to use, take them as inspiration to create some that feel good to use right now, not in the future.
- I am connected to a higher power.
- I am connected to the Universe.
- Everything is connected.
- Peace is available to me at any time.
- I feel a connection to something bigger than me.
- I release my connection to objects.
- I live in the present moment.
- Enlightenment is available to all beings.
- Spirit runs through me and all around me.
- I believe that I am a divine being.
- I am connected to light and love.
- It’s possible for me to be grounded and connected.
- My chakras are aligned.
- I surrender myself to what is.
- I am aligned with the purpose of this planet.
- I am able to feel connected whenever I need to.
- I release grief.
- I am capable of finding peace during the storm.
- My connection to spirit is a priority to me.
- I can find a connection to everyone and everything.
Crown Chakra Yoga
Join me for some movement in this chakra yoga class that is a sequence dedicated to feeling more connected! Pick one of the Sahasrara chakra affirmations as an intention to use for the class!