As yoga continues to spread its way across the globe, it has spread from the east to the west, helping many yoga practitioners fall in love with the practice. With more and more people being introduced to the beneficial aspects of yoga both mentally and physically it’s no surprise that yoga vacations are on the rise with yoga retreats popping up in dream destinations around the world.
Whether you’re here to get inspired by where to travel next for a yoga trip or to learn how to incorporate your yoga practice into your travels, this is the place for you to be. Yoga travel is not a trend that is going anywhere, it’s here to stay, which means our options for yoga holidays are truly endless. Get inspiration on the top yoga destinations around the globe, find out where to look for yoga retreats online and in-person, and even be introduced to yoga teacher training.
What do I (Taylor), know about yoga and travel? I’m a Yoga Alliance certified vinyasa and yin yoga teacher and I’ve been travel blogging since 2015. Having done yoga retreats in person, and done my yoga training in-person (200-hour) and online (300-hour) means that I know what to look out for and can give you my best tips for experiencing both. Yoga and travel are my two biggest passions, and I only share the best with you.
How to Pick a Yoga Destination & Retreat
With yoga vacations available in so many countries across the globe, you’ve got more than a few options. Get started by learning about the most popular destinations, and my top tips for choosing a retreat experience that is suitable to you, your level, and your needs. And if a destination doesn’t matter to you, I’ve listed the top yoga retreat experiences based on what else you want to experience (yoga and wine anyone?).
- Best Yoga Destinations Around the Globe
- Best Yoga Retreats for Couples
- Best Yoga and Surf Retreats
- Best Yoga and Wine Retreats
- Best Luxury Yoga Retreats Worldwide
- Best Yoga Retreats for Beginners
- Best Spiritual Retreats
- Best Silent Retreats
A certain event from 2020 has completely transformed how we practice yoga. While practicing in-person will never be replaced, online yoga is here to stay and is a great alternative for those who need a re-set without having to travel. Yoga online has even given many the ability to learn how to teach yoga, with online yoga teacher training becoming ever more popular, and affordable. And if you want to practice with me online, don’t miss my flows on YouTube.
Yoga Retreats in Europe
Europe has the largest range of yoga retreat options. From the Alps in Switzerland to the coastal shores of Spain, among the vast green spaces in Ireland, to the Mediterranean waters in Greece, a European yoga retreat is never a bad idea. Many retreats in Europe include hiking, surfing, and range in price with many budget to luxury options.
- Best Yoga Retreats in Europe
- Best Yoga Retreats in the UK
- Best Yoga Retreats in Ireland
- Best Yoga Retreats in Italy
- Best Yoga Retreats in Portugal
- Best Yoga Retreats in Spain
- Best Yoga Retreats in Greece
- Best Yoga Retreats in France
- Best Yoga Retreats in Croatia
- Best Yoga Retreats in Scotland
- Best Yoga Retreats in Switzerland
Yoga Retreats in Asia
The continent where yoga was born calls in curious visitors wishing to get a little closer to yoga’s roots. While India is an obvious top choice, many other countries nearby offer incredible retreat experiences in budget-friendly destinations where you can flow it out on your mat beside the ocean, in the sand, or in the jungle.
- Best Yoga Retreats in Asia
- Best Yoga Retreats in India
- Best Yoga Retreats in Goa
- Best Yoga Retreats in Bali
- Best Yoga Retreats in Ubud
- Best Yoga Retreats in Thailand
- Best Yoga Retreats in Sri Lanka
- Best Yoga Retreats in Nepal
Yoga Retreats in Latin America
A major hub for yoga that those from North America can easily reach means that countries in Latin America are an excellent choice for those short on time or need a getaway that is closer than Asia or even Europe. You’ll find no shortage of retreat options here with so many incredible teachers opting to host retreats in these beautiful countries.
- Best Yoga Retreats in Mexico
- Best Yoga Retreats in Tulum, Mexico
- Best Yoga Retreats in Costa Rica
- Best Yoga Retreats in Nicaragua
- Best Yoga Retreats in Peru
Yoga Retreats in North America
Joining a yoga retreat in the USA or Canada most often means that you’ll be practicing in nature. These vast countries are a prime place to connect more with yourself and nature as you deepen your practice on your mat.
- Best Yoga Retreats in the USA
- Best Yoga Retreats in New York
- Best Yoga Retreats in Hawaii
- Best Yoga Retreats in California
- Best Yoga Retreats in Florida
- Best Yoga Retreats in Arizona
- Best Yoga Retreats in Canada
- Best Yoga Retreats in Ontario
Yoga Retreats in Oceania
Yoga Retreats in Africa
Yoga Destination Guides
Get in-depth guides to some of the world’s best yoga destinations on where to practice including retreats and studios.
Yoga Travel Tips
Yoga is an incredible practice that can truly be done anywhere. Whether or not you’re heading on a yoga holiday, these yoga travel tips will help you keep up your practice and make it more adaptable for long flights, busy travel days, and travelling with a yoga mat.
Yoga Retreat Reviews
Head to the places that I’ve been! Get the details on what’s to love at these retreats that I’ve personally reviewed in-depth.
- The Most Affordable Bali Yoga Retreat
- The Ultimate Thailand Yoga Retreat
- Is this Highly Rated Retreat the Best in Bali?
Where to Book Yoga Retreats
Yoga retreats can always be booked direct, but for finding and booking retreats I recommend using a booking platform where you can search for a destination and narrow down results by price, length, and more. Plus, you can find reviews and get a better idea of what you can expect and have a clear cancellation policy.
For volunteering opportunities (as a yoga teacher or for other duties) I recommend Worldpackers. Use the code TAYLORSTRACKS for $10 off when you sign up!